Thursday, April 19, 2012

To Nap or not to nap...

They're babies, they need their sleep, right?

So why is it that my 2 year old refused to nap, and when he finally does take a nap, he's up until 10 - 11pm?

I wish I knew.

I wish I had an answer.

As I write this it is 1pm.  We recently returned from a little child study we do every few months, and, we were in the car...

...they love to sleep in the car.

And now the dilemma is this ( if you can call it a dilemma):  both children are sleeping, one still in her car seat, the other on the pile of clean clothes I haven't folded yet.   The house is amazingly quiet except for the light clicking of the keys as I type this.   The windows are cracked to let int he fabulous day, and the breeze feels nice...and quiet.

IF I wake up Daniel now, he'll surely cry and be cranky.  BUT, he'll fall asleep at a decent hour tonight.  If I allow him to sleep ( and mind you he's been sick) he'll be up until 10 or 11 tonight.

What do I do?

So far I making a decision to write in here rather than wake the kids, but as each minute passes, I know that means more time tonight. And, since my husband is back in tech for an undergraduate show, he won't be home until late.

But this soda tastes good, and I really am enjoying the quiet.

I don't even want to unbuckle the little lady for fear of rousing her.

Oh wait... I spoke to  soon.. the cries have begun.  Time to go.

But it's just one of them, giving me a quick chance to post:

THE MESS OF THE DAY...


 you got it...hot pepper flakes.

It was...fun trying to keep Daniel out of this mess.  Imagine what would have happened had he tried to eat/play/put in his eyes just one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment