Friday, December 9, 2011

2D24D: To Sleep or Not To Sleep?

Now THAT is the question!


To sleep, or not to sleep, that is the question:
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The pains and tears of outrageous teething,
Or to take a nap against a night of troubles,
And by opposing let them sleep: to nap, to sleep
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
The heart-ache, and the tears surely to come an hour before bedtime
Those screams is akin to? 'Tis a frustration
Devoutly to be wished. To nap to sleep,
To stay awake, perchance to Dream; Ay, there's the rub.


Staying up late when he naps is harder on me then on him. If he naps, he won't go don until almost eleven. Then wants to sleep in until almost 9am.

If he doesn't nap he melts down around 4:30 - 5:00 and aches to go to sleep. If I push him he'll fall asleep at 7-7:30 and then awaken at 3am wanting to play.

Then he'll sleep in, take a long nap, and not sleep until much later.

I can't win.

I don't know what to do.

1 comment:

  1. We fight this same battle. I have found the solution that works best for us is to let her sleep and then let her watch a movie in our room when we need down time. I wish I had a kid that napped from 12-2 and went to bed at 8, but I don't. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete