Friday, December 16, 2011

2Y30D: Look Ma, I can buy things online, too!

First, it was an 888 sex hotline number.

At least we didn't get charged for that call.

Now, things have gotten a bit out of hand.

I got a Kindle Fire from my parents (awesome present), and yes, I love it.

There is a huge problem though, and I found this one out the hard way:

NO F-N PARENTAL CONTROLS!

Oh yes boys and girls, if you own a Kindle Fire, anyone can access your Amazon account and make purchases. The only security you can add is a padlock - if set, you need a screen password. Nice feature, but not enough.

BUT, once in... there is what they call "One-Click Purchasing" Which you can turn off. However, that only means it is a 2-click purchase. For a 2 year old who presses any rectangle with a line around it...well, you can see where this is going.

Big D took my Kindle and, without help from me, turned it on, opened to videos and started watching Dora The Explorer (I didn't have it loaded).

Once the video was over, it seems there is an option to BUY the video. There is also and option to BUY THE ENTIRE SEASON!!!!

The email I got a minute later confirmed a $9.99 purchase for the entire 4th season of Dora.

Yay me, Happy Yannuchranzer!! (Yule, Channukah, Christmas, Kwanza, Winter)

No comments:

Post a Comment